The PHEV and other Electric Vehicles (EVs) fit great here in Manitoba, and they also have many advantages over gasoline or diesel vehicles.
Low Operational Costs
Did you know that Manitoba has among the lowest electricity rates in North America? Well now you do! Making an EV quite inexpensive to charge. For an EV traveling about 15,000 km per year (typically driving average) the same amount of energy would be used as the average electric water heater. Resulting in about $0.01 to $0.02 per km driven.
Low Maintenance Costs
Being simpler in design, with fewer parts and little to no fluids, the cost to maintain an EV can be much less. Oil changes? You can you can forget about those, as there is no need.
Where to Charge?
The electric vehicle network in Canada is growing. With stations from St. John’s, Newfoundland to Victoria, British Columbia, and the number continues to increase.
Currently Winnipeg has 30 public charging stations ports, of which, Waverley Mitsubishi is happy to be included.
As Government continues to invest in electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, there's never been a better time to go green with us.
Image from: www.plugshare.com
Types of Plug-In Charging
Electric Vehicles in Winter
Both electric and internal combustion engine vehicles are affected in cold weather and winter driving. The EV typically has a reduced driving range in these conditions, so it may require more charging then usual. This reduction in range may affect certain drivers, in Manitoba the average driving distance is approximately 43 km, and commuting distances usually do not need more than 30 km per day.
- Use power from the grid to pre-heat your vehicle.
- While it’s still plugged into the charger heat the interior of your interior. Which will use power from the electric grid rather than the vehicle battery.
- The seat warmers use less energy than your vehicle’s fan heater.
- If you can, park your vehicle in a heated or insulated space such as a garage.
- Ensure your tires are properly inflated. Under- or over-inflated tires can increase resistance or affect the traction of your vehicle. Properly inflated tires will help maximize your range.
If you are interested in learning more about how the PHEV is a great alternative to the standard vehicles, give us a call at (204) 453-5453 or visit us at 300-1717 Waverley St, our friendly sales people will be happy to help!